Once again, I have slacked off a bit, but definitely wanted to get everyone caught up on some cool opportunities God has presented to me.
THURSDAY: I got to ride my first public matatu to head to Maai Mahiu to visit CTC, daycare/school for people with disabilities. Rachel and I headed on over and squished into a van, but luckily we got the front seat on the way there … the way back was a different story, but I will leave you on the edge of your seat for a bit. We got to CTC, and the first thing I felt like I wanted to do was visit with the moms, and prove to them that I came back like I told them I would. When we peeped our heads in the doorway where they work, and they went crazy – standing, cheering, and screaming. It was one of the sweetest moments of my life! Maybe they welcome everyone like that, I’m not sure, but it really made me feel special. Then we went through and I tried to name them one by one and name their kids while they would cheer each time I got one right. I would say I got about 70% correct, but definitely didn’t know some of them. Some of the moms still had my business card from Camp Summit stored in their drawers from the last time I was there! That meant a lot to me. We then went to visit the kiddos! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, of course! Went into the classroom where I spent a lot of my time the last time I was there, the classroom with George, Ruth, Lucy, and Mike. George still the same & and still called me Miss Kunyamba (which means “to pollute the air” – their way of saying “fart”). Reason for this: I brought “flarp” the last time I was here and we all laughed so hard at it. The teacher even remembered me, once I brought that up. Haha We got a little crazy again, and took some of the same type of photos again: George jumping in the air expecting us to catch him as he did a toe touch! The day was such a blessing. Still praying to run into Zane and Jeremiah this week over there, but we will see. Rachel and I ran into Paul and went and had some more goat for lunch. On the matatu ride home, lets just say very interesting. We sat in the matatu waiting for them to shove 15 grown adults into a van that was built for probably 9 people.
FRIDAY: At Naomi’s Village, we had some friends arrive from Sudan: Tim Carney, Jim, and Matt! We ran over to the IDP camp for just a little bit to visit with Joseph.
SUNDAY: Church at NV. I did a short teaching of how God welcomes us into His family and calls those who trust in Jesus His children. We went for a walk, then Tim and I decided to climb a tree, which was awesome. After dinner, I thought I would try my hardest to get the kids’ energy out and we went running around the building a couple of times, did some jumping jacks, stretched, did situps. Next time, I will be doing this before dinner so no one gags or throws up. They had a blast, so I was definitely looking forward to doing this the very next day until …..
MONDAY: I had been having a scratchy throat since Saturday and I think it all came tumbling down. I FELT AWFUL! I was real weak, would get real hot, then real cold. Couldn’t even hold a peanut butter/jelly sandwich down. Pretty much all day, I was in bed curled up. I cried a couple of times and just got real emotional because I didn’t want to be locked up in a room all day feeling like rubbish, but out playing with the kids. Honestly, just a terrible day. I don’t really think I took the opportunity to find the good in it, because I felt miserable. That night Heidi, Tim, and Stephen prayed over me for me to feel better, which made me cry bc I felt terrible. I moved my things out and to the infirmary so the baby didn’t have me around him. We did not want him to get sick.
TUESDAY: The day was much better, still not 100%, but able to actually sit up for the day, walk around, and laugh. It was so much better than the day before. The kids’ smiles made my day wonderful today. Tonight, Heidi, Tim, and I laughed real hard at some random things, which was real good for all of us.
God is working and I’m excited to see what happens in the next few weeks. Wednesday should be a day full of stories and adventures. Will look forward to writing more soon.
In Him,
Lindsey
No comments:
Post a Comment