Laffy Taffy Joke of the day: What type of fish swims at night? …. A STAR FISH!!!
Today was filled with laughter, smiles, and good times with Jesus.
Today, I spent some time in the classroom with Paul, Anne, and Millicent. I am getting a chance to observe a bit and learned some Swahili and Kikuyu along the way!! I know how to say the letters of these words in Swahili: “Rainy”, “windy” “cloudy”, and “calm”. If you haven’t guess it, the kids were learning how to say, spell, and write words related to…. (drum roll please)…..WEATHER!!! Today was calm, but now rainy & windy (PS).
After doing a little observation, I went in the younger kids’ room so we could try to bond. The one in the pink jacket loved her nails being painted!!
I was able to go with Bob and Julie to a Cure event held at a little Butchery in Maai Mahiu. You see, in my past experience in Kenya, my team pretty much decided that we did not like goat. We might have even had a little fun with it back then – meaning it may have ended up in some of our pockets instead of our mouths. Well, goat has redeemed itself in my book. It was good – well cooked – well seasoned – well done!
One of the highs for me today was being able to have a little time with the Lord. After we ate yummy spaghetti, I was able to sit on the porch and play my guitar and just press into the Lord a bit. The Mendonsas, Dan & fam, Jillian, and I went up to the RVA, which is a boarding school for missionary kids, to have a time of worship.
Things were great, but the lights kept on going on and off, on and off, on and off. It was funny at first, then it got old, but I felt like I should try to find out what God was telling me through this little situation. Right as Shane began to sing, it shut off again. I thought Satan is sure trying to prevent something good from happening tonight … dang Satan! Shane gave up, stepped away from the microphone, and we sang “You’re Beautiful” by Phil Wickam - without sound equipment. I am a huge sucker for an acoustic guitar, but there is something about God’s church singing without loud speakers, with the lights out.
I thought about how this God that we serve really is so beautiful. We couldn’t clearly see anything else around us, but yet we were able to clearly see God and worship Him – the only One who has the power to save us. We also sang these words with just our voices: “All I need is You Lord, is You Lord. All I need is You.” How often to I actually cling to that? There is so much in life that I want and many of those times I may not want what Jesus wants for me, but all I NEED is Him. With Him, we have everything. That doesn’t mean all the things we want, but all the things we need … and all that we NEED is Him.
Amen sweet friend. is sounds like it was a beautiful evening. with beautiful sounds of praise being lifted up to a beautiful God from some beautiful people. :)
ReplyDelete