Laffy Taffy Joke of the Day: Where do really smart hotdogs go? … Honor Roll
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREAT AUNT MASTER HILDA!! LOVE YOU
(today is my aunt's birthday, & she used to make my sister call her this when we were little! haha)
I am going to try and cut this short, but I am not a person of few words. Today, there was mixed emotions all across the board. The morning, honestly, my heart was not in the right place. There was a silly situation in which I somewhat got a bit annoyed or upset, and I allowed it to somewhat affect the mood I was in. As the day progressed, I asked God to take that away and move on from it….what do ya know? … God answered loudly.
Today, Julie was scheduled to go pick up 2 girls from their “houses” and I was planning on staying at the orphanage and hanging out with the kids, but God had a different plan, as I was given the opportunity to ride along & pick the girls up with the Naomi’s Village gang.
The first “house” we stepped into was across the street from Comfort the Children, and probably smaller than an average size bathroom, where 11 people lived. Emily was precious, of course. She was a bit shy, yet doing pretty good with everything going on. As we stuffed 9 + adults into the “living room”, children began to gather around the front door. I thought it would be a good idea to get them away so I went and just talked with them for a bit.
One of them asked me if I was from CTC, which is the daycare for people with disabilities across the street. I told him no, but said that I had been there before and asked if he had been there. He told me he had, then began to chuckle. (in my head I thought: great opportunity to educate!!) I have never been able ‘educate’ anyone in another country about people with disabilities, so I was real excited. Anyway, God gave me a chance to tell these kids that God loves kids at CTC just as much as God loves them. It was an opportunity I've been praying for in order to help kids treat others with disabilities just like they would any other kid. They are the same, just may need a little more assistance. Then the Naomi’s Village gang gave out candy to these kids, and I told him if he took this laffy taffy, he better think real hard the next time when he sees someone like the kids at CTC – he better be nice and remember that God created them. It was a great convo! ;-)
The little guy 2nd from the left is the one who I was talking to about people w/disabilities. Classic!
left: Emily, right: Catherine
i love your posts!!! amen again!!!
ReplyDelete