Bike

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mi Casa es su Casa


Today was day #2 of being at the orphanage for abandoned kids with disabilities.  I have been placed in the older boys room – which has been a lot of fun.  They have lots of energy!!!

I have had some struggles in the past few days with a couple of things, but there is definitely some growing going on inside.  I can’t fully explain the challenge at the moment, but it really isn’t that big of a deal – but it continues to change the vibe here a bit for me.

The longer I have been here, the more I think about the other places I have been in comparison to what I am seeing right now.

Between the orphanages that I have been to in the three specific countries (India, Kenya, here), there are so many differences, but one in specific that I want to talk about:

In Kenya and India, the kids are home.  They are not at an orphanage – they are at a Children’s Home.  That is their home.  They are somewhere where they ‘belong’.  There is not the opportunity to be adopted out of the home.  They won’t leave until they are older.

Here, a lot of these kids are up for adoption.  They are not home yet.  Some of them may wait the rest of their lives and may NEVER belong to a family.  So then, what happens to them once they get older? Some of them will stay there & literally sit there all day long in a room with no consistent visitors, no real interaction …. Just stare out the window or sit on the bed – unless someone intervenes to give a better quality of life for these individuals, which is happening with the organization I’m working with. 

Something that I was reminded in the midst of some of these thoughts:

NONE OF US are at home yet.  Not you or me, not the kids in Kenya or India, and not the kiddos here.  This is not where we belong.  Our home is eternity with our Father & how great is that is – to BELONG there.  Words cannot describe.

Even if these kids don’t have a picture of that now, I pray they do.  If they never feel like they belong somewhere in their life, my hope is they find their worth & sense of belonging in Him. 

(Sorry this is short, but my blogs might be a bit strange for a few weeks, because I feel limited in words).

I’ll try and post some pictures today though.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment