Goodbyes were quite healthy this year. I definitely cried but kept well
composed for myself for the most part.
I was actually really surprised!!
I do believe that was and is being pushed back until later but I’ll
cross that bridge when it gets here.
I did have a little break down on the plane! J
This year, China was just everything I could’ve asked for. I went to hug the neck of a little boy
and came back with more than just that.
I entered China with a prayer for confidence: confidence in the Lord and
confidence in myself & who God created me to be. I leave with these prayers answered and all I can continue
to ask God for is more of Him. I
want to have full confidence in knowing that God has everything in control
therefore I do not have to worry or be anxious about anything.
This past 10 months, I have felt a little out of my own skin
– just not quite myself so I have been begging God to allow me to have the
confidence in who He has made me to be without fear or hesitation. The trip was fantastic in so many ways
– not only with the kids, but with the people whom God placed on the team I
joined. It has probably been one
of my favorite teams to be on without a doubt. I love the process of getting to know people &
discovering their God-given gifts.
I love seeing how it all plays out when they are serving the kids at the
orphanage as well as doing life in a new culture. Each person served well and gave it their all. Even though the reason for going is to
serve God by serving the kids, God works wonders by allowing you to meet people
who have the same passion as you do from all over the world. We had 8 Canadians, 4 Brits, 2
Americans, and 1 Australian.
Like I said, my prayer was for confidence, because of my
recent lacking, and because of the bonding this team had with one another – I
feel like I have gained a piece of that back in just the past 2 weeks. I can’t even describe an exact reason
why, but God worked through them in my life to help with this. I know that I am leaving China feeling
full of life again. There is
something so special about having experiences like this with a group of
strangers from all over who become good friends in a matter of 2 years. The meaning of the word “Church” is
revealed – Church is not a building but a gathering of people with hopes of the
same goal … to worship the ONE TRUE & LIVING God – to spread His love
throughout a community in need to hear & see the gospel of Jesus Christ –
to love kids in need of a simple hug.
How amazing is it that God allowed us to be a part of this picture He is
painting.
Blessed beyond words can describe,
Lindsey

Oh Lindsey that has blessed me beyond words. Now I'm crying.
ReplyDelete